General Operations Located on an 80-acre campus in Mesa, Arizona, Banner Desert Medical Center is one of Arizona's largest and most comprehensive hospitals and is recognized by U.S. News and World Report as one of Phoenix's Best Hospitals. We provide an abundance of exceptional opportunities with more than 600 licensed beds, including over 100 dedicated to children. Areas of excellence include high-risk pregnancy and neonatal care, obstetrics and gynecology, pediatrics, cardiology, oncology and emergency medicine. With 21 operating rooms, we offer a full range of surgical specialties and advanced technology that includes the daVincir Surgical System. About Banner Cardon Children's Medical Center If you desire to provide the best care possible to the most vulnerable patients, come to Cardon Children's Medical Center in Mesa, Ariz. Within our 248-bed, state-of-the-art facility, specially trained nurses, physicians and other clinical professionals utilize the most advanced technology - including iCare ICU monitoring and robotic surgery - to provide high quality, child-friendly, family-centered care. Our facilities feature a recently expanded 104-bed NICU, a 24-bed PICU, six pediatric ORs and a 26-bed ED. We also offer dedicated pediatric rehab, radiology, oncology and hematology capabilities. With clinical diversity, exceptional training programs and a supportive culture, this is a place where you can grow in your career as you help our very special patients.
POSITION SUMMARY This position produces all required food items based on information obtained from production sheets, catering requests, prep sheets and any other approved source. Plans and conducts daily work to meet food production and service time requirements.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Prepares and cooks hot and cold food items using standardized recipes and calculates production quantities based on production forecast, tally sheets and catering orders.
2. May be assigned to work in the retail cafe grill area, and/or cook breakfast items.
3. Records over production and run outs. Writes directions and calculates production quantities.
4. Checks and logs food and equipment temperatures and reports any problems to the supervisor. Reports all needed equipment repair.
5. Maintains par levels of food and supplies in assigned areas, orders and/or restocks items in accordance with established routines, rotates food stocks, checks freshness dates.
6. Keeps assigned work areas clean and in an orderly manner.
7. Assists other kitchen and dietary staff as needed and assigned. May oversee the scheduled shift for efficiency.
8. Department responsibilities only, normally deals with internal staff. May deal with customers in grill or exhibition position in retail units. Follows established procedures, recipes and work routines under general supervision.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
What might draw you to Banner Health? A great health care career, of course—and a great place to live, no matter what stage of life you’re in. With facilities across the West, there is a health care career for everyone, from big city living in the Phoenix area to friendly small towns in the mountains and plains. As one of the largest nonprofit health systems in the country, Banner Health offers both the stability that comes with success and the possibility of exploring new areas of the country. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages:
Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health.
Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible.
The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path.
Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.