Location Address:3100 East Fletcher Avenue Tampa, Florida 33613
Top Reasons to Work at AdventHealth Tampa
Florida Hospital Pepin Heart Institute, known across the country for its advances in cardiovascular disease prevention, diagnosis, treatment and research.
Surgical Pioneers – the first in Tampa with the latest robotics in spine surgery
Building a brand new, six story surgical and patient care tower which will ensure state of the art medical and surgical car for generations to come
Awarded the Get With The Guidelines – Stroke GOLD Quality Achievement Award from the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association and have been recognized as a recipient of their Target: Stroke Honor Roll for our expertise in stroke care. We have also received certification by The Joint Commission in collaboration with the American Stroke Association as a Primary Stroke Center.
You Will Be Responsible For:
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
ASSISTS WITH PATIENT CARE/PROCEDURES
· Demonstrates competency at an advanced, expert level on complex as well as routine procedures performed within the department.
· Positively identifies patient before performing patient care.
· Assists the physician and RN with the performance of diagnostic and therapeutic procedures.
· Works directly with physician in the choice and operation of equipment during procedures.
· Assists the physician and RN with specimen collection. Collects and identifies each specimen for
· transfer to the lab.
· Performs adjustments to equipment when necessary and teaches others to troubleshoot equipment.
· Checks all equipment prior to start of procedure for safety, function, and sterility.
· Identifies malfunctioning equipment and takes appropriate action
· Follows established guidelines for cleaning, disinfecting, and sterilization of scopes and accessories following procedures.
· Stocks rooms with appropriate levels of supplies and equipment.
· Assists the RN with pre and post procedural care.
· Provides for patient needs based upon such factors as diagnosis, age and cultural background.
· Assists with transportation of patients and records appropriate destination within scheduled time frame.
· Assists with development of new procedures.
· Orients, precepts and trains new endoscopy associates and provides input into the performance evaluations of endoscopy associates.
· Assists in developing competencies for endoscopy associates and provides input into evaluating competency levels.
· Maintains satisfactory participation and attendance at required and non-required meetings and staff development programs.
· Demonstrates evidence of continuous professional development:
Identifies own learning needs and seeks opportunities for self-growth and career advancement.
Attends annual mandatory in-service, required meetings and continuing education.
What You Will Need:
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
· Patient care knowledge and skills
· Working knowledge of and ability to use computer and perform data entry.
· Ability and willingness to work a flexible workweek including on call for weekends, nights and overtime as required.
· Knowledge, interpersonal skills, technical skills, and critical thinking skills in the delivery of patient care including emergency/high pressure situations.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS PREFERRED:
· High level of expertise/competency in assisting on endoscopy procedures, including advanced procedures.
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
· Valid American Heart Association (AHA) Basic Life Support (BLS) certification
· Eligibility for national certification within 6 months of hire
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION PREFERRED:
· National Certification in Endoscopy (CGT).
FACILITY SPECIFIC SECTION
i.e. vision, values, etc
This position description reflects the general duties and responsibilities necessary to describe the principal functions of the job, as identified, and shall not be considered an exhaustive list of job responsibilities which may be inherent in the job. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. The responsibilities listed may be subject to change at any time and individuals may be asked to perform duties outside of their regular responsibilities to support the ongoing operations of Adventist Health System and its facilities
The Endoscopy Associate assists the physician and RN in the performance of diagnostic and therapeutic procedures, prepares and maintains the endoscopy equipment, transports the patient, assists in patient care delivery under the direct supervision of the Registered Nurse, precepts and trains new endoscopy associates, functions as a resource for difficult procedures, troubleshoots equipment problems, maintains supply inventories, provides input into the budgeting process, assists in establishing and monitoring standards of practice for endoscopy associates, coordinates and provides continuing education for endoscopy associates in conjunction with the Surgical Services educators, represents Endoscopy Department on assigned committees, is a role model for service management, participates in professional organizations/activities, participates in quality improvement activities on the unit, complies with regulatory agency requirements, responds to emergency situations as directed by the RN.
At AdventHealth, Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ is our mission. It calls us to be His hands and feet in helping people feel whole. Our story is one of hope — one that strives to heal and restore the body, mind and spirit. Our more than 80,000 skilled and compassionate caregivers in hospitals, physician practices, outpatient clinics, urgent care centers, skilled nursing facilities, home health agencies and hospice centers are committed to providing individualized, wholistic care.