Per Diem Nuclear Med Tech for South Florida Heart Institute
Tenet Florida Physician Services
Location: Boca Raton, Florida
Internal Number: 2105030916
A non-exempt medical office position that performs nuclear medicine procedures used for diagnosis and treatment.
1. Responsible for proper operation of nuclear medicine equipment in performing various complex nuclear cardiology studies.
2. Prepare, calibrate, and administer radiopharmaceuticals and/or pharmaceuticals, as directed by nuclear cardiologist, who is an authorized user on the
Radioactive Material License (RML).
3. Prepare patients for all testing procedures.
4. Monitor patientâ��s electrocardiogram (ECG) and vital signs before, during, and after stress testing, as directed by physician.
5. Perform computer acquisition and processing of complex nuclear data and images for interpretation by nuclear cardiologists in accordance with
manufacturerâ��s guidelines and established facility policy and procedure.
6. Properly complete patient routing slips and charge tickets with all appropriate CPT codes and corresponding ICD codes.
7. Observe radiation safety and OSHA guidelines.
8. Inventory, order and maintain all departmental supplies at defined inventory levels.
Required: Graduate of an approved school of nuclear medicine and registered or registry-eligible as Nuclear Medicine Technologist.
Preferred: Work requires a level knowledge of patient care methods, procedures and techniques. Six Months in Nuclear Cardiology Department.
Required: Completion of Basic 12-Lead ECG and arrhythmia recognition program; BCLS and ACLS certifications.
Primary Location: Boca Raton, Florida
Facility: Tenet Florida Physician Services
Job Type: PT2Y
Shift Type: Days
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicantâ��s or employeeâ��s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet Healthcare Corporation (NYSE: THC) is a diversified healthcare services company headquartered in Dallas with 112,000 employees. Through an expansive care network that includes United Surgical Partners International, we operate 65 hospitals and approximately 510 other healthcare facilities, including surgical hospitals, ambulatory surgery centers, urgent care and imaging centers and other care sites and clinics. We also operate Conifer Health Solutions, which provides revenue cycle management and value-based care services to hospitals, health systems, physician practices, employers and other clients. Across the Tenet enterprise, we are united by our mission to deliver quality, compassionate care in the communities we serve.