Consumer Experience Specialist I Full Time Days West Florida Division
Location: Tampa, Florida
Admin / Clerical
Internal Number: 21040318
Network Access Center Specialist AdventHealth Tampa
Location Address:3100 East Fletcher Avenue Tampa, Florida 33613
Top Reasons to Work at AdventHealth Tampa
Florida Hospital Pepin Heart Institute, known across the country for its advances in cardiovascular disease prevention, diagnosis, treatment and research.
Surgical Pioneers – the first in Tampa with the latest robotics in spine surgery
Building a brand new, six story surgical and patient care tower which will ensure state of the art medical and surgical car for generations to come
Awarded the Get With The Guidelines – Stroke GOLD Quality Achievement Award from the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association and have been recognized as a recipient of their Target: Stroke Honor Roll for our expertise in stroke care. We have also received certification by The Joint Commission in collaboration with the American Stroke Association as a Primary Stroke Center.
Full Time Days M-F. Virtual Center is open 7a-7p. Must be able to work eight hour shifts between this time. Must maintain personal Internet Service.
You Will Be Responsible For:
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Demonstrate through behavior AdventHealth’s mission, vision, values, and service standards as outlined in the organization’s Whole Care Experience training
· Maintain competence and use critical thinking skills to promptly resolve consumer inquiries within assigned functional area(s)
· Demonstrates empowerment to successfully resolve customer inquiries
· Adhere to all established workflows, scripting, and department greetings
· Create delightful customer experience by setting proper expectations and consistently following through with end- users
· Thoroughly document all interactions and consistently update consumer records in the relevant technology system(s)
· Demonstrates appropriate customer-care skills such as empathy, active listening, courtesy, politeness, helpfulness, and other skills as identified to a variety of customers including consumers, clinic staff, physicians, WFD Network Access Center colleagues, and leaders
· Achieves individual key department performance objectives such as quality assurance and productivity.
· Maintain knowledge of AdventHealth offerings to provide exceptional services
· Handle sensitive matters courteously and with professionalism. When appropriate, escalate with leadership for proper awareness and/or resolution.
· Adhere to department policies and procedures and HIPAA regulations
· Perform other duties as assigned by department leaders.
What You Will Need:
Education and Experience Preferred
• One year of relevant healthcare experience
• Prior collections experience
• One year of customer service experience
• One year of direct Patient Access experience
• Associate degree
High School Diploma/GED
• Accurately identifies and assigns payer plan codes in organization’s electronic health record system; utilizes knowledge of insurance plans and contracts to identify opportunities to improve payer master file
• Coordinates benefits by effectively determining primary, secondary, and tertiary liability when needed
• Demonstrates expert understanding of insurance terminology (e.g., co-payments, deductibles, allowances, etc.) and analyzes information received to determine patients’ out-of-pocket liabilities
Ensures patients are appropriately registered for all service lines. Performs eligibility verification, obtains pre-cert and/or authorizations, makes financial arrangements, requests, and receives payments for services, performs cashiering functions, clears registration errors and edits pre-bill, and other duties as required. Maintains a close working relationship with clinical partners to ensure continual open communication between clinical, ancillary, and patient access departments. Actively participates in extending exemplary service to both internal and external customers and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all. Provides PBX (switchboard) coverage and support as needed.
At AdventHealth, Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ is our mission. It calls us to be His hands and feet in helping people feel whole. Our story is one of hope — one that strives to heal and restore the body, mind and spirit. Our more than 80,000 skilled and compassionate caregivers in hospitals, physician practices, outpatient clinics, urgent care centers, skilled nursing facilities, home health agencies and hospice centers are committed to providing individualized, wholistic care.