Location Address:3100 East Fletcher Avenue Tampa, Florida 33613
Top Reasons to Work at AdventHealth Tampa
Day One Benefits
AdventHealth Pepin Heart Institute, known across the country for its advances in cardiovascular disease prevention, diagnosis, treatment and research.
Surgical Pioneers – the first in Tampa with the latest robotics in spine surgery
Building a brand new, six story surgical and patient care tower which will ensure state of the art medical and surgical car for generations to come
Awarded the Get With The Guidelines – Stroke GOLD Quality Achievement Award from the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association and have been recognized as a recipient of their Target: Stroke Honor Roll for our expertise in stroke care. We have also received certification by The Joint Commission in collaboration with the American Stroke Association as a Primary Stroke Center.
Full Time Weekend Days; hours are negotiable on the weekend; call and holiday rotation is required
You Will Be Responsible For:
• Resolves customer service issues in a timely and efficient manner, treating all customers with courtesy. Communicates issues to Supervisor
• Proficiently performs technical Imaging procedures on all patient age groups and ability to teach the same.
• Provides Imaging procedures to all patients, regardless of sex, age, or race. Provides patients with efficient and courteous care
• Proficient on the proper use and operation of the specific imaging equipment and the department's policies and procedures
• Works in close association with the radiologists on duty to maintain a smooth flow of patients through the Department.
• Demonstrates effective communication, skills with all staff, patients, families, and imaging services administration
• Works with department staff to facilitate patient care across modalities.
• Works in conjunction with other departments (OR and ED) to facilitate patient care
• Assigns workstations to technologists on their shift based on level of training and competency
• Department Press Ganey scores are achieved
• Efficient utilization of department supplies and resources.
• Reports any equipment malfunctions and discontinues use before the problem leads to a more costly repair
• Proficiently performs technical imaging procedures safely and in accordance with Hospital standards of care.
• Is familiar and complies with appropriate regulatory body standards and directives. Able to teach the same clinical factors and proper patient position
• Wears radiation dosimeter badge daily, reviews radiation exposure reports and uses radiation restrictive devices on all examinations; follows ALARA.
• Follows patient identification/verification process prior to performing all patient exams/procedures
• Monitors and accesses patients during exam/procedure in accordance with established guidelines
• Reports to the Diagnostic supervisor any unresolved problems related to morals, staffing, or disciplinary problems
• Demonstrates evidence of continuous professional development
• Maintains satisfactory participation and attendance at required meetings and staff development programs
• Lead Technologist duties may include some of the coordinator responsibilities such as: researching patient history prior to sending for patient to ensure exam is accurately performed, contacts the unit nurses or physicians if order clarification or correction is required, verifies laboratory results as well as facilitates the completion of all exams in as little time as possible, keeps workflow moving and minimizes empty table time.
• Additionally, the lead is responsible for team focus which includes rounding with staff for needs assessment and growth and development opportunities. Takes an active role in department initiatives relating to patient experience and employee engagement.
• Performs weekly preparedness rounding tracers to ensure regulatory requirements are being implemented at the department level.
• Performs other duties as assigned
What You Will Need:
Associates degree in healthcare-related discipline
Two years of Radiology technologist experience
Must be certified by American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT)(R)
Current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification
Must hold state license where applicable
Under limited supervision, primary duties include leading and assisting Radiology technologists in imaging patients within the guidelines of Hospital’s parameters, transmitting images for diagnostic interpretation and keeping the hospital’s computer system up to date with the progress of these exams. Follows age specific guidelines while implementing the principles of AdventHealth. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all. Provides critique/review of Radiology exams as required.
At AdventHealth, Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ is our mission. It calls us to be His hands and feet in helping people feel whole. Our story is one of hope — one that strives to heal and restore the body, mind and spirit. Our more than 80,000 skilled and compassionate caregivers in hospitals, physician practices, outpatient clinics, urgent care centers, skilled nursing facilities, home health agencies and hospice centers are committed to providing individualized, wholistic care.