AdventHealth Apopka is a seven-story, 120-bed hospital offering an extensive range of services including expanded surgical services, advanced surgical suites and a catheterization lab
The hospital also features a 30,000-square-foot emergency department with pediatric-friendly beds, imaging services, a full-service cafeteria, chapel, gift shop and on-site fire station
The hospital opened in December 2017, replacing the 50-bed hospital that AdventHealth had operated in downtown Apopka for more than four decades
You Will Be Responsible For:
Performs all exams using AdventHealth CT protocols. Uses AdventHealth policy for proper identification of patient prior to performing exam. Educates patient concerning exam.
Completes all exams in a timely manner, keeps work flow moving, and minimizes empty table time. Follows through after completing exam with communication, transportation and discharge of OP’s.
Performs all types of imaging procedures and operates all equipment safely and properly including scanners, injectors and monitors. Demonstrates the knowledge and skills to perform scans on patients on all ages, adapting protocols as necessary.
Reviews all images of all exams, repeating images as necessary for best possible result.
Uses computer system for ordering, changing, and canceling exams according to protocol. Confirms order matches exam before pushing to PACS or correctly ‘fixes’ exams on workstation or PACS.
Assists with collection of data for all KPI’s, Six Sigma Projects realizing final goals of department. Participates on Teams as asked, participates in Gallup. Utilizes Service Recovery techniques for patients and families as needed.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
· Ability to analyze and assess data, techniques, methodology, equipment operation, and quality control to ensure that information is obtained and presented accurately
· Up-to-date knowledge of patient positioning and equipment operations, including x-ray machines and printers
· Ability to communicate appropriately and effectively with patients and their family, hospital staff, nurses, physicians, and other health care professionals
· Knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures in the health care industry
· Must be able to read, write and speak conversational English
· Basic computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
· Associate's degree or Technical degree in a related field, or combination of High School degree and related experience
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
· Two years hospital-based clinical Radiology experience
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
· Basic Life Support (BLS) certification
· Completion of radiologic technology training and A.R.R.T. registration
· General radiographer state license as required by state if applicable
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION PREFERRED:
· Computed Tomography A.R.R.T.(CT) certification
Top Reasons to work at AdventHealth Partin Settlement
The AdventHealth Partin Settlement Emergency Department (ED) is an extension of our AdventHealth Kissimmee Campus.
The 24-bed ED includes an urgent care track to diagnose and treat non-emergent cases more efficiently, an observation unit to closely monitor care for up to 24 hours, pediatric friendly rooms, and offers emergent care supported by ground transportation if specialty care is needed.
We are proud to be revolutionizing healthcare with visionary leadership and world-class resources
At AdventHealth, Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ is our mission. It calls us to be His hands and feet in helping people feel whole. Our story is one of hope — one that strives to heal and restore the body, mind and spirit. Our more than 80,000 skilled and compassionate caregivers in hospitals, physician practices, outpatient clinics, urgent care centers, skilled nursing facilities, home health agencies and hospice centers are committed to providing individualized, wholistic care.