Interventional Radiology Technologist Full Time Days
Location: Wesley Chapel, Florida
Internal Number: 21042367
Interventional andRadiology Technologist
Location Address:2600 Bruce B. Downs Blvd Wesley Chapel, Florida 33544
Top Reasons to Work at AdventHealth Wesley Chapel
Day One Benefits
From state- of- the- art equipment to the most intricate building details, AdventHealth Wesley Chapel was designed from the ground up to maximize healing, patient care and wellness
Recognized as leader in patient satisfaction and was named Top 100 Hospital in Modern Healthcare Magazine by IBM Watson Health
50,000 sq ft community Health & Wellness Center
Comprehensive women’s health center named Inspiration Place that incorporates female physician specialists, women’s imaging, pelvic floor and female physical therapy and a boutique spa.
Consistently named a Top Workplace in Tampa Bay by the Tampa Bay Times
AdventHealth Wesley Chapel has been named to Healthgrades Top 250 Hospitals list. This places them in the top 5% of hospitals in the country for superior clinical performance and excellence
Opened an offsite 24 bed, 24/7 emergency room in Central Pasco to better serve the emergency health needs of residents in west and central Pasco
Full Time Days; 9a-5:30p
You Will Be Responsible For:
• Performs all exams using established protocols. Uses facility policy for proper identification of patient prior to performing exam. Educates patient concerning exam. Properly screens patients for any contrast allergies
• Performs all types of imaging procedures and operates all equipment safely and properly including scanners, injectors, monitors, and medical equipment.
• Properly screens patients of childbearing age and operates all imaging equipment in a safe manner minimizing radiation exposure to patients, families, and co-workers.
• Completes required documentation for Radiologist support
• Positions patient and equipment and selects technical factors to produce radiographic images meeting Radiologist’s standards
• Performs clerical duties, including answering telephones, completing patient record, filing and scheduling
• Performs direct patient care duties, within technologist’s scope of practice. Utilizes proper infection control techniques
• Performs basic patient care, including monitoring of patient condition, caring for patient comfort, safety and privacy.
• Performs Radiology duties in all departments and environments, including OR and Fluoroscopy
• Performs other duties as assigned
What You Will Need:
Associates degree or equivalent in a related field
Graduate of accredited Radiologic Science program
General Radiographer state license
Some Interventional Radiology experience or training is required; this position is mostly XR with some IR experience
Performs Radiographic imaging procedures. Positions, moves, and assists patients. Performs clerical duties. Performs basic patient care within scope of practice and to departmental standards. Responsibility to adhere to the Hospital Corporate compliance plan, to the rules and regulations of all local, state, and Federal agencies, and to the standards of all accrediting bodies.
At AdventHealth, Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ is our mission. It calls us to be His hands and feet in helping people feel whole. Our story is one of hope — one that strives to heal and restore the body, mind and spirit. Our more than 80,000 skilled and compassionate caregivers in hospitals, physician practices, outpatient clinics, urgent care centers, skilled nursing facilities, home health agencies and hospice centers are committed to providing individualized, wholistic care.