Childrenâ��s Hospital of Michigan is an international leader in pediatric and adolescent medicine. Surgical services include general, thoracic, reconstructive and cardiovascular. Imaging technology designed specifically for children provides advanced diagnostic services including Positron Emission Tomography (PET) and MRI. The Childrenâ��s Hospital of Michigan Emergency Department is a verified Level 1 Pediatric Trauma Center and dedicated pediatric burn center. Experts in pediatric critical care, rehabilitation, and neonatal and perinatal medicine provide care for thousands of children every year at Childrenâ��s Hospital of Michigan, Childrenâ��s Hospital of Michigan - Troy and six ambulatory sites.
Under general supervision, but according to established policies and procedures, performs and/or coordinates secretarial and clerical services, including but not limited to preparing correspondence, maintaining records of patient activities, obtaining and dispensing insurance information, arranging meetings, receiving and directing visitors and so forth.
1. Typically works in an off-site clinical setting in the absence of front-line supervision.
2. Receives and screens visitors and telephone calls (occasionally of a sensitive and/or critical nature) related to the business of the area; responds to general inquiries concerning departmental operations and activities.
3. Assists supervisor and professional staff in preparation of reports, rosters, administrative correspondence and the like by gathering and tabulating information and statistical data from department records. Creates final form of document via computer or typewriter.
4. Prepares meeting agendas for supervisor and professional staff and gathers preliminary data as directed. Records meeting minutes, prepares report, and distributes report as appropriate.
5. Reviews patient charts; checking for missing or incomplete data; making reports of treatment plan scheduling, patient evaluations, discharge summaries, etc. to ensure conformance to all pertinent licensing, registration and certification requirements.
6. May guide, assign, review and evaluate work of clerical staff where relevant. Assists in training clerical personnel in new procedures, report formats, etc.
7. Keeps inventory of all perishable, durable and clerical supplies and orders; stocks office on regular basis.
8. May assist in resolving sensitive and/or critical situations (which range from distraught patients or relatives to attempted suicide or threats of violence) by notifying the manager, coordinator, social worker, psychologist or psychiatrist.
9. Develops, recommends and implements office policies and procedures such as record-keeping, insurance, data collection, etc.
10. May enroll patients into the patient electronic access portal and help patients access their electronic medical records prior to discharge.
11. Promotes guest relations. Anticipates and responds to needs of others. Provides assistance in a quick and courteous manner. Treats others with care and respect while maintaining privacy, confidentiality and dignity. Maintains a professional appearance and a clean, safe environment.
1. High school diploma. Six to twelve months additional technical training in medical office/secretarial procedures, typing, and so forth, is preferred.
2. One to two years of progressively more responsible administrative/clerical work experience.
3. One to two years of college level courses leading to an associate's degree in business, secretarial science or a related field is preferred.
4. Knowledge of medical terminology is highly desirable.
Primary Location: Detroit, Michigan
Facility: DMC Children's Hospital of Michigan
Job Type: Full-time
Shift Type: Days
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicantâ��s or employeeâ��s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet Healthcare Corporation (NYSE: THC) is a diversified healthcare services company headquartered in Dallas with 112,000 employees. Through an expansive care network that includes United Surgical Partners International, we operate 65 hospitals and approximately 510 other healthcare facilities, including surgical hospitals, ambulatory surgery centers, urgent care and imaging centers and other care sites and clinics. We also operate Conifer Health Solutions, which provides revenue cycle management and value-based care services to hospitals, health systems, physician practices, employers and other clients. Across the Tenet enterprise, we are united by our mission to deliver quality, compassionate care in the communities we serve.