DMC Harper University Hospital has distinguished itself in surgery and medicine and is known for its clinical expertise and innovative research. A specialty referral hospital, Harper has established Centers of Excellence in neurosciences, bariatric surgery, vascular services, multidisciplinary cardiovascular services, hypertension, stroke prevention and heart failure.
The primary responsibilities of the Telemetry Associate include assisting the medical and nursing staff in continuous monitoring of patient ECG rhythms and maintaining monitoring equipment.
â�¢ Initiates tracing if change occurs in patient rhythm and immediately alerts nursing personnel.
â�¢ Maintains and monitors rate limits and recognizes whether irregularity is due to change in patient rhythm or machine malfunction.
â�¢ Alerts repair personnel of machine malfunction.
â�¢ Under direct supervision, and according to established policies and procedures, performs a variety of clerical and receptionist duties for assigned patient care service or nursing unit.
â�¢ Operates on-line computer terminal to transcribe orders and enter/retrieve/correct patient information.
1. High school graduate or equivalent.
2. Previous hospital experience preferred.
3. Six months of prior job experience where substantial computer usage is significant part of job; OR 3 credit hours of computer classes in computer training (keyboarding, navigation, specific applications) or college program. Equivalent combination of coursework and experience.
4. Knowledge of medical terminology preferred (e.g., completion of medical terminology/transcription course or unit clerk/unit secretary classes, preferred).
5. Must be able to successfully complete three to four week program in basic cardiac arrythmia monitoring.
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicantâ��s or employeeâ��s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
About DMC Harper University/Hutzel Women's Hospital
Tenet Healthcare Corporation (NYSE: THC) is a diversified healthcare services company headquartered in Dallas with 112,000 employees. Through an expansive care network that includes United Surgical Partners International, we operate 65 hospitals and approximately 510 other healthcare facilities, including surgical hospitals, ambulatory surgery centers, urgent care and imaging centers and other care sites and clinics. We also operate Conifer Health Solutions, which provides revenue cycle management and value-based care services to hospitals, health systems, physician practices, employers and other clients. Across the Tenet enterprise, we are united by our mission to deliver quality, compassionate care in the communities we serve.