All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
Paid Days Off from Day One
Student Loan Repayment Program
Our promise to you:
Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It’s about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind and spirit. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.
Location: 601 EAST ROLLINS STREET, Orlando, 32803
The community you’ll be caring for:
Located on a lush tropical campus, our flagship hospital, 1,368-bed AdventHealth Orlando
serves as the major tertiary facility for much of the Southeast, the Caribbean and South America
AdventHealth Orlando houses one of the largest Emergency Departments and largest cardiac catheterization labs in the country
We are already one of the busiest hospitals in the nation, providing service excellence to more than 32,000 inpatients and 125,000 outpatients each year
The role you’ll contribute:
Under general supervision the Paramedic is a professional team member responsible for providing direct and indirect patient care. The Paramedic provides basic and advanced life support for all ages, utilizing protocols and online medical control. Works as a team member during transport and assess and provides patient care per department protocols. Adheres to the Florida Hospital Corporate Compliance Plan and to all rules and regulations of all applicable local, state and federal agencies and accrediting bodies. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all
The value you’ll bring to the team:
* Helps in completing medication, supplies and equipment inventories each shift, restocking as needed. Completes and submits logs as per department protocol. Keeps the work environment clean and organized. Maintains the unit in a constant state of readiness.
* Utilizes a working knowledge of the service areas and takes the most direct route to reach a destination. Operates emergency vehicles safely in a variety of weather and emergent conditions in accordance to established safety standards. Effectively communicates delays and updates to dispatch. Immediately reports any damage or vehicle issues to the supervisor.
* Documents patient assessments, provides interventions with accurate administration and calculation of medications and the responses, as per department protocols’ and FH policy. Utilizes specific knowledge in emergency care of pediatric, adolescent, adult and geriatric patients.
* Works as a team member, able to effectively communicate with other health care members. Provides a complete verbal and written document for hand off of care and patient safety
The expertise and experiences you’ll need to succeed:
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
· Basic computer skills
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
· Graduate of a Paramedic program.
· One year patient care experience.
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION, OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
· Valid Florida State Licensure, Department of Health as a Paramedic
· Valid Class "E" Florida Driver's license, or Commercial Driver’s License (CDL), and driving record in accordance with FH policy.
At AdventHealth, Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ is our mission. It calls us to be His hands and feet in helping people feel whole. Our story is one of hope — one that strives to heal and restore the body, mind and spirit. Our more than 80,000 skilled and compassionate caregivers in hospitals, physician practices, outpatient clinics, urgent care centers, skilled nursing facilities, home health agencies and hospice centers are committed to providing individualized, wholistic care.