The X-ray Technologist is an integral member of the patient care team, reporting to the office manager and taking radiographic images under physician supervision. This position is responsible for preparing patients for images, performing x-rays, and maintaining equipment as directed.
The Urgent Care X-ray Tech also assists in Medical Assistant duties when not performing x-rays.
* Greets patients and professionally assist them into the radiologic exam room.
* Positions patients in the appropriate manner based on the ordered exam.
* Performs radiologic examinations as ordered by the physician.
* Minimizes radiation exposure to patients by using shields.
* Maintains inventory of exam rooms.
* Ensures images are stored in the patients' medical records.
* Assists clinicians with patient care as needed.
* Prepares exam rooms by disinfecting, stocking, and verifying appropriate medications are available.
* Greets patients and assists patients with signing in and completing paperwork.
* Answers incoming phone calls in a courteous and prompt manner.
* Displays complete understanding of patient check-in forms and clearly describes information to patients and visitors as needed.
* Generates referrals in accordance with provider directions and office guidelines.
* Queues prescriptions for physician approval.
* Calls patients to confirm future appointments
* Assists and accompanies patients to exam rooms.
* Interviews patients and records information into the medical record.
* Measures, collects, and records patient vital signs.
* Performs basic lab testing and other approved tests.
* Prepares specimens for transportation to the lab.
* Assists in examination and treatment of patients under clinician direction.
* Places follow-up phone calls to patients.
* Performs other duties as required.
* Graduate of an accredited radiologic technologist program.
Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada or NYC Residents Only: The pay range for Colorado residents is $26.15 to $46.63 per hour. The pay range for Connecticut / Nevada/NYC residents is $28.85 to $51.30. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your base compensation, Optum Medical Care, P.C. offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with Optum Medical Care, P.C. you'll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement of this role. CareMount will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination prior to employment to ensure compliance.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. CareMount is an EO employer - M/F/Veteran/Disability
CareMount Medical, P.C. is New York State’s premier multispecialty medical group, providing comprehensive care of the highest quality to over 665,000 patients. CareMount has more than 45 locations throughout Westchester, Putnam, Dutchess, Columbia, and Ulster counties and New York City. CareMount’s 650 physicians and advanced practice professionals cover more than 50 medical specialties. CareMount is affiliated with world-class medical institutions, including Massachusetts General Hospital and Northwell Health. CareMount offers on-site laboratory/radiology services, endoscopy and infusion suites, and operates eight urgent-care centers. CareMount physicians are featured in respected Top Doctors and Best Doctors listings, nationally and regionally. For additional information please visit: www.caremountmedical.com.