Dignity Health Medical Group - Arizona and the Digestive Disease Institute is actively seeking a Per Diem General Gastroenterologist to join our multi-disclipinary team in central Phoenix.
- General gastroenterologist to build a practice focused on the breadth of general gastroenterology
- Practice in a 570-bed Academic Medical Center and attached clinics
- Access to Ambulatory surgery center attached to Medical Center campus
- Development of an academic career through education of current fellows and active participation in research.
- Serve as a faculty member for the Creighton University Medical School (Phoenix campus) Gastroenterology and Hepatology Fellowship
- MD or DO Degree and Board Certification
- Completed ACGME accredited fellowship training and/or current ABMS Board Certification in Gastroenterology
- Ability to achieve full and unrestricted hospital/surgical privileges at Dignity Health Arizona hospitals
- Must obtain Arizona State medical licensure prior to starting in the position
- Competitive salary and negotiable based on years of experience
- Support from Hepatology, Liver transplant, and Advanced Endoscopy Services.
- Support from General Surgery, all Surgical Subspecialties, Pathology, and Radiology
- Faculty appointments with Creighton University School of Medicine
- Mentor medical students, residents, and fellows at the brand new Creighton University Health Sciences Campus
The posted compensation range is a reasonable estimate that extends from the lowest to the highest pay CommonSpirit in good faith believes it might pay for this particular job, based on the circumstances at the time of posting. CommonSpirit may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range as permitted by law.
Dignity Health, one of the largest healthcare systems in the nation, is a growing organization with well-resourced, modern facilities and diverse practice opportunities. With more than 39 acute care hospitals in three states and 9,000 physicians, Dignity Health touches the lives of thousands of people and provides nearly $2 billion in charity care to the communities it serves.
Dignity Health Medical Group is the employed physician group serving the Arizona Service Area. Covering over 45 practice sites, complementing clinical services with translational and bench research, our integrated medical group employs in excess of 250 healthcare providers throughout the valley. Dignity Health Medical Group is continuously expanding in order to meet the needs of the growing patient population in Arizona. With a unified vision of becoming an organization where physicians, care teams and staff come to do their best work--and patients come for the best care--Dignity Health Medical Group is searching for exceptional talent that is patient focused and team-oriented, who can become a part of our mission-driven organization.
Like its legendary namesake rising out of the ashes, the greater Phoenix area has emerged as one of the bright metropolitan areas of the 21st century. The Phoenix area encompasses more than 20 incorporated cities, including Glendale, Scottsdale, Tempe, and Mesa, and all serve as a timeless Southwestern backdrop to the spirit of Puebloans, cowboys, miners, and visionaries. Recently, the Census Bureau named Arizonas Maricopa County, which includes the greater Phoenix metro area, the county with the nations highest annual population growth. Home to more than 4 million residents where everyone has a sunny disposition, the Phoenix area also ranks as the sixth-largest city in the United States. Phoenix is a premier destination offering the best of both worlds: a growing and diverse economy and a great place to live with more than 300 sun-filled days a year and an almost endless supply of attractions including:
- 189 city parks, 33,000 acres of desert preserves, and 200 miles of trails
- Host to MLB Spring Training and the annual Fiesta Bowl
- Home of the Phoenix Open and 200 golf courses
- Professional sports teams including the Arizona Diamondbacks and the Arizona Cardinals.
- Host to 5 Fortune 500 company headquarters
- The Best Mexican Food North of the Border
- Affordable housing and cost of living
- A family-friendly area, with the Childrens Museum of Phoenix, ample youth sports and athletic leagues, the Challenger Space Center Arizona, a wide variety of school options, including public, private, magnet, and charter, the Phoenix Zoo, large water parks, SEA LIFE Arizona, and many more!
The Phoenix area is also a destination for people from all over the world to receive outstanding healthcare. This is particularly true of Dignity Healths St. Josephs Hospital and Medical Center - home to the world-renown Barrow Neurological Institute and The Norton Thoracic Institute - #1 lung transplant program in the U.S. - as well as many other world-class healthcare services and teaching programs.
CommonSpirit Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, parental status, ancestry, veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information about your EEO rights as an applicant, please click here.