Start the day excited to make a difference...end the day knowing you did. Come join our team.
This position efficiently and effectively manages all day to day operations of Radiology to facilitate effective diagnosis and treatment of disease in an environment that is cost-effective and value-driven. The Operations Manager is responsible for leadership and direction in accordance with organizational and departmental philosophy and goals. The Operations Manager assists the Radiology Director and other Radiology managers in maintaining the highest degree of clinical/operational performance and customer satisfaction in Radiology Services. The Operations Manager supports the mission, vision, values and strategic initiatives of Mary Washington Healthcare and demonstrates a commitment of quality service to our patients and their families, the community, the physicians and our Associates.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Understands the Mary Washington Healthcare Goals and Objectives and develops a Department Plan, complete with Long and Short term objectives (with specific dates for completion).
- Meets an appropriate annual operating budget by analyzing statistical information and taking action when appropriate.
- Defines appropriate written Scope of Care/Services consistent with the policy, and provides quality services within that scope.
- Shows initiative in planning and implementing new projects and services and seeks appropriate level of administrative guidance and approval.
- Provides an atmosphere conducive to manager/staff input in the planning, decision making and implementation process by encouraging Associate input and maintaining openness to new ideas and a demonstrated ability to resolve conflict.
- Effectively recruits, selects, evaluates, delegates and motivates Associates, and through actions, demonstrates what is important.
- Sees that high standards are set for each team member and uses appropriate skills to assure they are achieved.
- As a role model, exhibiting professionalism in actions, appearance, attitude, ethical behavior and lifelong learning, and provides assistance to all Associates whenever requested.
- Maintains current knowledge of and assures compliance with regulatory and accrediting agency requirements.
- Develops, implements, and assures compliance with corporate and departmental policies and procedures that guide and support the provision of services.
- Recommends proper number of qualified and competent personnel and assures ongoing competency of those personnel. Provides periodic reevaluation of job functions (inter/intradepartment) to assure the most efficient use of personnel.
- Displays the ability to organize to assure an effective and efficient department by optimizing workflow processes using appropriate tools. Serves as a leader in improving patient satisfaction across the department.
- Promotes a culture that emphasizes cooperation and honest communication among individual team members and other hospital departments. Creates an effective work environment by appropriately planning for and advocating the needs of internal and external customers. Creates an environment of high trust, collaboration, purpose and teamwork through effective management skills. Continually keeps team members focused on departmental goals and objectives.
- Develops interdisciplinary relationships that foster effective planning, teamwork, mutual respect, collaboration and integration of services with other departments and physicians for coordinated provision of services and/or support of patient care. Develops, promotes, implements, measures and analyses teamwork initiatives in all departments and insures that the medical imaging team is a functioning, producing, effective team unit.
- Continually increases knowledge base through attendance at seminars/workshops as well as individual readings.
- Participates in Radiology Administration on call on a rotational basis.
- Performs other tasks as required by Director of Radiology.
- Bachelors degree required. Masters degree preferred.
- CRA certification preferred.
- Registered in Radiologic Technology by the ARRT or an appropriate credentialing agency such as the RDMS (Ultrasound) or CNMT (Nuclear Medicine).
- Five relevant supervisory experiences required.
- This position is not directly involved in patient care.
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.