Location: Valhalla, New York
Admin / Clerical
The Patient Liaison provides a variety of clerical and support functions for the Radiology Department at Westchester Medical Center. Duties include patient scheduling, collecting and entering patient demographics, directing incoming calls, and maintaining Radiology's central filing system utilizing the Radiology Information Management System (RIS), Picture Archiving and Communication System (PACS), and other related software. The Patient Liaison must possess keen understanding of patient registration, insurance verification and admission notification processes.
- Interviewing the patient/patient representative for Direct Admissions, Outpatient services, Ambulatory surgery, Minor surgery and/or procedures performed in all ancillary departments and direct patients to appropriate departments.
- Schedule appointments for various radiology departments with consideration to type of exam and preparation required.
- Update and maintain electronic mail calendar for scheduled procedures.
- Perform correct and accurate data entry of patient demographic information and medical insurance.
- Responsible for quality assurance - reviewing registration data for accuracy and satisfying delinquent data.
- Responsible to notifying insurance companies of Inpatient Admissions/Outpatient services at the hospital.
- Responsible for obtaining and witnessing signatures for insurance assignments and guarantor statements.
- Able to handle the printing and distribution of Admission/Registration forms, face sheets, labels and NY state and Federally mandated forms to patients or nursing unit as appropriate.
- Responsible for timely data entry and changes to patient information when required.
- Identify and register patients of all age groups: newborns, pediatrics, adolescents, adults and geriatrics.
- Able to collect all required payments at point of service.
- Process and submit payments for posting to the Financial Counselor.
- Preregister and register patients via Cerner and Fuji RIS system.
- Complete work queues/lists to assist patient accounting department on prompt and accurate billing.
- Obtain and verify patient insurance authorizations.
- Update Cerner and radiology information system to ensure accurate information for patients, staff, physicians, exams and reports.
- Enter and retrieve radiology records and associated data utilizing the Radiology Information Management System (RIS) in conjunction with the Picture Archiving and Communication System (PACS) and other related systems.
- Assist Radiologists with contacting referring physicians and patients in relation to scheduling procedures.
- Provide phone coverage for Imaging Center and handle messages accordingly.
- Retrieve messages from general and personal mailboxes.
- Reviews electronic mail and responds as needed.
- Follows-up on radiology lab-work and authorizations as needed.
- Reviews all in-coming orders through multiple Cerner queues, manually pushes orders into radiology information system and confirms appointments to be scheduled.
- Contacts scheduled patients to confirm appointments and follows up on missed appointments to reschedule as needed.
- Responsible for MRI safety prescreening, research and obtaining prior surgical reports for MRI clearance
- Assists with reports or CD requests, and retrieves and prints studies as requested by physicians, patients, and hospital staff.
- Responsible for knowing and providing various patient preps for CT/MRI/US/PET studies.
- Must complete all on-line courses as assigned by the Health System and attend department trainings.
- Direct and/or escort patient to areas for their services.
- Must handle answering telephones promptly, efficiently and professionally.
- Maintain a quiet, calm and clean professional office environment.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Minimum of 2 years Healthcare experience, preferred. Knowledge of medical terminology, preferred. Medical insurance experience, preferred.
High School diploma or GED, required.
NorthEast Provider Solutions Inc.